For years now, recruiters have played the long game of inbound recruiting.
Bolster your website.
Create a strong LinkedIn company page.
Start a Facebook page.
Tweet clever job opening posts to your Twitter followers.
Participate in (and win) a few “Best Employer” contests.
Connect with applicants in the social media space.
Inbound tactics require nurturing. You need a recruiting team dedicated to building up a following and interacting regularly on these social platforms. In theory, this strategy draws great candidates like bees to honey. But there are serious flaws with an inbound-only strategy.
The Flaws of Inbound Healthcare Recruiting
Recruits only find you if they’re looking. Inbound recruiting relies on capturing attention. Active job seekers are the only part of the talent pool that is looking. According to LinkedIn’s 2015 Talent Trends report, 70% of the global workforce is passive talent. If your recruiting team uses an inbound-only strategy, you only target 30% of the potential workforce.
Recruits only find you when you execute your inbound strategy flawlessly. Just like inbound marketing, inbound recruiting depends on dedication. It requires a committed team of recruiters with the time and bandwidth to spend on this strategy. This team needs to create regular content and postings that will draw attention of potential job seekers. If the platforms, accounts, and content creation lapse, then this strategy quickly loses ground.
Recruits only find you when job hunters are plentiful but jobs are few. Inbound recruiting is a scattershot approach. You send out social missives hoping many will hit the right targets. If your field is target rich (has lots of job seekers), this maneuver might work. In healthcare, it doesn’t. Becker’s Hospital Review says: “In 2016, according to the BLS, the percentage of unfilled healthcare job openings rose to 50%. Today, there are about a half million unfilled jobs in healthcare.” The staffing crisis within healthcare is real. It’s getting harder to find qualified applicants. The scattershot approach to recruiting will not work in this sector.
Today’s Recruiters Mix Inbound and Outbound Tactics
Recruiters have gotten wise to the drawbacks of the inbound-only method of recruiting. Most recruiting teams depend on a mix of outbound and inbound strategies.
Outbound plans rely on old-school techniques. Recruiters try direct contact with individuals found through their business networks. They post openings on job boards. They attend meet-and-greets and other business networking events. Recruiters sign up for college campus career days hoping to find interns and new grads who might fit their company’s culture. They purchase expensive LinkedIn Recruiter plans, paying high monthly fees to gain greater access to potential candidates.
Both inbound and outbound approaches require high effort from your recruiting team, and often with little result. As the market tightens and the qualified talent pool shrinks, a better approach to recruiting must be found.
Tomorrow’s Successful Healthcare Recruiters See the Promise in Better Outbound Tactics
We at Rekruti recognize the dilemma that recruiters face.
Inbound recruiting attracts the interested, the available, but often unqualified candidates.
Outbound recruiting reaches out to qualified candidates who are frequently unavailable and uninterested in leaving their current job.
There has to be a better way to reach the sweet spot of qualified, interested, and available candidates for healthcare positions. We think we’ve found that better way. Using predictive analytics, business intelligence, and North American trend monitoring, we allow recruiters to deliver a new kind of outbound strategy. Rekruti focuses only on healthcare recruiting and uses technology to find qualified, available, and interested candidates to fill your open positions.
How does Rekruti work?
- Sources public and private data. Access to multiple private and public resources that feed and update clinical staff profiles in our platform.
- Finds candidates through the “ready-for-a-change” index. Rekruti monitors the North American healthcare workforce daily, tracking candidate social activity that indexes their “ready-for-a-change”
- Automates alerts based on candidate profiles that you create. Rekruti creates alerts based on your specific needs and candidate qualities (location, profession, skills, and more)
- Uses search engine categories specifically for healthcare. Our search engine allows you to search by skill, “ready-for-a-change” index, location, current employer, past employer and more. This helps you quickly pinpoint the right candidate.
- Derives predictive analytics and business intelligence from 1.5 million healthcare providers. From this data set, Rekruti can infer specialties and skillsets based on previous and current employers, as well as compare sentiment from your own workforce and compare it to national averages.
- Provides a tool for recruiters to engage with potential candidates and nurture relationships. Helps recruiting team take an active approach to passive candidates. Makes it easy to build rich connections in your candidate pipeline.
Don’t take our word for what Rekruti can do. Let us show you. Sign up for our demo to see how Rekruti works. Find qualified, available, interested candidates now for your open healthcare positions.