How hard is your job?
As an agency, HR team, or RPO that sources healthcare talent, chances are high your job is harder than it’s ever been.
If you’re like the typical professional in this field, you have a go-to strategy that sounds like this:
- Remain active on social media platforms.
- Stick to mostly inbound recruiting tactics.
- Sourcing, sourcing, sourcing—most of your time, attention, and effort are spent here.
If that strategy hasn’t made your job easier, maybe it’s time to try some new tactics. Here are 5 reasons to change your strategy and what you should try instead:
- The healthcare staffing shortage makes recruiting harder. The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) 2016 Update on physician supply and demand says there are 2 factors driving the healthcare staffing shortage: population growth and aging. Add to that the American Nursing Association projection that 700,000 nurses will retire or leave the labor force by 2024. Include the uncertainty surrounding ACA (leading to fewer insured patients) and immigration policy (leading to fewer available health clinicians) and you’ve got a genuine crisis on your hands.
Solution: You don’t have to solve the staffing shortage. You only have to solve your staffing shortage. Technology is making better sourcing tools to give you an edge.
- The pool of active job seekers is too small. Inbound recruiting strategies primarily target active job seekers. According to LinkedIn, active job seekers only represent 12% of the job pool. That leaves 88% of the qualified talent pool untouched. In the highly competitive healthcare sector the active talent pool simply cannot fill current demand.
Solution: Successfully mine the passive talent pool. How? Did you know passive job seekers send signals that indicate they are ready for a job change? Rekruti reads those signals and can notify you when a passive candidate is shifting to an active candidate. That means you could know about—and actively recruit—a candidate long before your competitors know they are on the market.
- Recruiters all use the same tools and get the same results. Social media is the lifeblood of successful recruiters. Social media platforms let you connect to more people than ever. Yet the same is true for your fellow recruiters. Nearly all recruiters use the same three tools—LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Recruiters find the same prospects on these platforms and get similar results. This overlap makes competition in the tight healthcare job pool even tighter.
Solution: There are recruiting tools engineered to draw added value from social media platforms. For example, Rekruti monitors the U.S. healthcare workforce daily to reveal qualified candidates. It also helps recruiters find, nurture, and build relationships with candidates better than social media platforms alone.
- Inbound recruiting can’t be your only tactic. A strong web site, an informative LinkedIn company page, a frequently updated Facebook page, a regular Twitter feed, PR campaigns, ad campaigns, thought leadership articles. These are all good things to maintain, but it can take a lot of work to drive an inbound recruiting campaign. Not only that, an inbound-only strategy must be executed perfectly. If you don’t post regularly or if your information becomes dated or stale, this strategy loses ground quickly. For an inbound strategy to work, you must have staff with time dedicated to its practice. Big corporations have those teams. In smaller facilities, a dedicated inbound team is rare.
Solution: Shift your focus from inefficient inbound efforts to a more powerful outbound strategy. A combination of smarter inbound tactics and more powerful outbound efforts will only strengthen your overall recruiting strategy.
- Tech innovations can make your job easier. If you’re not using the next generation of recruiting tools, you’re doing a disservice to your team. Sourcing—finding the best talent to pursue—takes up most of your day. What if there were tools that could source for you, send automated alerts to let you know of possible prospects, and free up your time to spend on more important parts of your job, like courting prospects and retaining current staff?
Solution: Choose recruiting tools that automate the sourcing process and have access to both private and public databases. The Rekruti platform mines data sources daily. Updated information then feeds into and updates the clinical staff profiles on the platform.
Does the Rekruti tool sound too good to be true? It’s not. But don’t take our word for it. Try it yourself so you can make an informed decision. Sign up for our demo and try Rekruti today.